I have been asked to write more on the Indigo people. I personally fit almost literally all traits from Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow. Labels are hard to put on anything, especially people. So I would like to share some information on what the Indigo is said to be. Although I don’t love the idea of labeling anyone, here is what the term means for the most part. So if you are Indigo, perhaps evolving to Rainbow is the way in which we can best affect the world in this time of upliftment. Where we come to spread the goodness of Unconditional Love.
Keep in mind there are many different labels given to many groups of people, and so the lists are always growing and we find more and more categories of labels we fall into, at least I do, however while falling into labels, the labels tend to be of “unique” individuals. Kind of an oxymoron, or better yet a paradox.
The well developed Indigo is said to transform into Rainbow Children and Adults. The Rainbows are able to avoid the influence of negativity emitting from others and they can change aura colors with thoughts. It is said that there is a DNA shift to Rainbow and the frontal lobe is extended for faster processing. These Rainbow beings have the memories of other times, places and abilities. They are able to affect the world, rather than be affected. They have come to a point of ability and have become masters at their task.
Not all ADD, ADHD, or depressed individual is an Indigo or Rainbow. Indigos are not generally disruptive. If their emotional make-up becomes this way and also abusive (hurtful, violent and unbelievably defiant), they could really be chemically imbalanced. These children’s tendencies lean more towards manic-depression. They can be seen by doctors and treated for a variety of other issues. Learning disabilities stem from many factors and are not necessarily Indigo or Rainbow related.
Adult Indigo Traits:
Contributed by: Wendy Chapman and Michele Alexandria (Please give them the credit for the following list.) This is just a part of some of the traits of Indigo Adults. You can include those traits of the Indigo Child, as well.
– You feel abandoned, lost and alone. You might of felt like, or still feel like, you were dumped off on this planet, left to your own accord, with nothing, or no one, to grasp or hold on to.
– You feel like no one “gets” or understands who you are.
– You feel abandoned by God, your parents and society.
– YOU’VE BEEN TOLD YOU ARE CRAZY! Probably more than once. (By the way, you’re not! )
– Being abandoned or alone might be a challenging fear for you.
– Feel like a freak and are tired of people treated you as one.
– Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
– You are “tuned in”. You “get it” and you’re not sure why others don’t!
– Are highly creative in the arts, music and/or literature.
– Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
– Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
– Have a difficult time with people who are out of integrity and dishonest.
– Feel overly responsible and heavily burdoned by societies perceived lack of care and concern with the well-being of the world.
– Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn’t DARE, usually due to parental pressure. Many of you were rather repulsed by school and the old antiquated system. – – You felt you knew better and where bored and frustrated.
– May have experienced deep depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings, while in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult. Felt disconnected and beaten down.
– Drug/alcohol abuse is not uncommon to numb the internal emotional and Spiritual pain.
– Easily disorganized and may have excessive clutter and are not able to handle it, due to your lack of focus.
– Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
– Can go from job to job to job. Have a challege staying in one place for too long. Your resume can look like a short novel.
– Easily bored and frustrated.
– Easily distracted
– You are eaily susceptible to lower energies attaching themselves to you. (non-physical beings) They are like moths to Light. (There are techniques to sheild you from this, one is a cord cutting technique)
– Prefer cooperative efforts, leadership positions, or working alone.
– Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
– May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding), or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
– You are empathic and it’s challenging for you to block it out.
– May have trouble with anger and RAGE.
– Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective i.e. political, educational, medical, and legal.
– Alienation from or anger with politics – feeling your voice won’t count and that the outcome really doesn’t matter.
– Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream – 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
– Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at “Big Brother watching you.”
– They feel a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
– Money does not hold a lot of importance to you. You know how to attain it, but you find the concept of money to be irrelevant and ego driven.
– You have a innate ability to manifest whatever you desire.
– Had psychic or spiritual interest when you were young- in or before teen years.
– Had few if any Indigo role models.
– Feel like you have one foot in this world and one in “The Other”.
– Have a strong intuition.
– Random behavior pattern or mind style – (be labeled with symptoms of ADD and ADHD, bi-polar, OCD), may have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
– Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
– May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning (especially with computers), and lights blowing out
– May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
– Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternate types of sexuality.
– Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world; may seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
If they find balance in their lives, they can become very strong, vibrant, healthy, and happy individuals who use their Love and Light to be of the highest and best service for all concerned.
* * *
Indigos have a love of fantasy and castles. Dragons, fairies, mermaids, unicorns and the likes of these creatures… these REAL-TO-US beings, may be our spirit guides. You must be “pure of heart” to see a unicorn. Well I have when I was young, and she stays with me forever. Pure of heart does not always mean “virgin of sex” keep in mind that an adult may see this creature should she be your guide, if you are One with the Heart of God, the purest Heart of all.
* * *
Indigos are defined by the following (amongst other things):
– know their own mind from an early age
– independent & headstrong
– intuitive and have psychic abilities
– sensitive especially to animals
– easily bored and may be disruptive at school if the teacher does not understand where they are coming from
– highly strung, or tense
– said to have trickled in, in 1970, and most came in 1978 and later (I was born in 1981)
– feels like they have a greater purpose, “here for a reason”, often not sure of the reason
– creative, artistic, art, music, jewelry making, poetry, etc.
– may be prone to addictions
– “old soul” “13 going on 30″
– may have had some difficult years, or harsh experiences
– history of seeing Angels, ghosts, “dead people” (intuitive psychic)
– may be a loner or isolationist, by acting out or introversion
– radiates independence even when asking for money
– athletic warrior-spirits, high energy
– wants to do world-wide affecting positive work, desires to help in a big way
– may fluctuate between low or high self esteem, all the way to grandiosity and back again
– high intelligence
– bores quickly and easily
– needs situations that require creative thought, rather than ritualistic repetition
– won’t deal with certain things, like waiting in line, for example
– non conforming, system busters, sees “better ways of doing things” at work, school and home
– would prefer home schooling unless schooled with like minded Indigos, otherwise school can be a bad social experince
– May have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, but the medication acted more like an illegal drug to them
– the high strung fierceness may involve anger but also the drive and desire to create changes in the world
– may have insomnia, nightmares, restless sleep or fear and difficulty with falling asleep
– may have had suicidal attempts or thoughts, depression
– friendships are sought to be real, deep and long lasting, or non-existent
– easily bonds and connects with plants and animals